Nov 17, 2021 MBUSA Honored as APS Partner of the Year
Last Friday, November 12, MBUSA was named the Atlanta Public Schools (APS) 2021 District Partner of the Year at the annual APyes! Awards and Reception Ceremony at The Hyatt Regency Atlanta. MBUSA was honored with the prestigious award for making a meaningful impact in the lives of APS students, staff and families, specifically through the work we’ve done with partner schools Michael R. Hollis Innovation Academy and Leonora P. Miles Elementary School. MBUSA has supported the APS community by providing funding for school supplies, learning support and teacher childcare grants.
“Mercedes-Benz USA is ALWAYS there for Atlanta Public Schools! From being the signature sponsor of our Back-to-School Bash, to providing the funding that is allowing us to offer free childcare for our teachers as they continue the work of educating our students during the pandemic, Mercedes-Benz USA has been a valuable and vital partner for our district,” said Dr. Lisa Herring, Superintendent of APS. “It is with sincere joy and gratitude that we congratulate Mercedes-Benz USA on being named the APyeS Award winner for District Partner of the Year, and we look forward to continuing our relationship for many years to come.”
MBUSA has also partnered with Communities in Schools, a non-profit working with schools for at-risk youth to provide vital services including counselors, social workers and health and wellness support staff. During the COVID-19 pandemic, MBUSA helped ensure the APS community was well-equipped for the school year — donating more than $300,000 in COVID-19 support funds. Along with providing essential virtual learning resources and PPE, these donations helped support families experiencing job loss, housing displacement, remote learning and education challenges. That same year, MBUSA hosted its first annual Winterfest celebration where 1,200 gift packages and 400 turkeys & hams were distributed to students and families in need.
To celebrate the culmination of our efforts, two MBUSA representatives attended the award ceremony, Kat Reynolds, Corporate Social Responsibility Supervisor, and Nicolette Lambrechts, Vice President and Managing Director Vans USA.
As a company, MBUSA is focused on empowering the next generation of leaders, and we believe this process begins with helping to ensure all students have the necessary resources to achieve success. We look forward to continuing our partnership with APS and to building upon a positive and promising environment for all the outstanding students, teachers and faculty.
Take a look back at some of our APS support through the years:
- August 17, 2021: MBUSA Employees volunteer at APS Back-to-School Bash
- July 22, 2021: Help Support Students Through our Back-to-School Drive
- June 21, 2021: Why We Give: Hollis Innovation Academy
- September 21, 2020: MBUSA All in for APS
- December 14, 2020: MBUSA Hosts Winterfest Celebration with Atlanta United’s Josef Martínez
- November 8, 2019: Mercedes-Benz, a Toy Car and “No Limits”
- July 30, 2018: Greatness lives Here: Fostering Confidence and Success in Today’s Youth.
- August 6, 2018: School Supply Drive is a Success
- October 19, 2018: Mercedes-Benz Opens Second Junior Achievement Storefront
- November 16, 2017: MBUSA Kicks Off Mentorship Program at Hollis Innovation Academy